This is a stressful time, and your mental health is just as important as your physical health. We want to help you come out of this stronger than ever. Here are some resources to help you through this tough time.
- Georgia Crisis and Access Line: If you are in a crisis or need advice for someone in a crisis, call 800-715-4225. They have a team of crisis-trained counselors standing by and access to any information or resources you might need, including a team who can be brought on-site in a crisis.
- Crisis Text Line: Anyone in Georgia experiencing an emotional crisis can text GA to 741741 to communicate with a trained Crisis Counselor. Children and Teens are especially welcome. The service is free, confidential and available 24/7.
- National Disaster Distress Helpline: National, US-based crisis counseling and support phone line for people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs’ to 666746
- Healthcare Workers: Free Access to Headspace App: Headspace just announced that they are providing free access to healthcare workers during this time.
- Advantage Behavioral Health Crisis Stabilization Unit is a 30-bed unit offering short-term residential stabilization services for individuals with psychiatric and/or substance abuse disorders. Individuals are accepted on a voluntary or an involuntary basis. 240 Mitchell Bridge Road, Athens, GA, 30606.